Friday, July 3, 2009

It is really too funny “Five (5) lessons about the way we treat people”

The mail was entitled Five (5) Lessons about the way we treat people. It was forwarded from someone else to me and about a dozen others.

I am including two of the Lessons below…

The Story of the cleaning lady is a good one… The students never knew the ladies name. It was a great story that perhaps happened sometime a long time ago… and has been told many times over and over again. But it 2009 – try prying into some one’s life and pressing them to get their name… the results will be “Are you a cop?” – or – “Why do you want to know?” – or – maybe they will move quickly away.

It might work in Yorkton, Saskatchewan… but it could get you shot in Toronto trying that out – or be accused of being a stalker.

The next story is about an African American Lady is standing by the road with a flat tire and it is raining…. Well….

Take a moment to read the following and then take a look at the real story…

Five (5) lessons about the way we treat people
1 - First Important Lesson - Cleaning Lady.
During my second month of college, our professor Gave us a pop quiz. I was a conscientious studentAnd had breezed through the questions until I read The last one:"What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?"


Surely this was some kind of joke. I had seen the Cleaning woman several times. She was tall,Dark-haired and in her 50's, but how would I know her name?I handed in my paper, leaving the last question Blank. Just before class ended, one student asked if The last question would count toward our quiz grade."Absolutely, " said the professor. "In your careers,You will meet many people. All are significant. TheyDeserve your attention and care, even if all you do Is smile and say "hello."I've never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her Name was Dorothy..

2. - Second Important Lesson - Pickup in the Rain One night, at 11:30 p.m., an older African AmericanWoman was standing on the side of an Alabama highway Trying to endure a lashing rain storm. Her car hadBroken down and she desperately needed a ride. Soaking wet, she decided to flag down the next car. A young white man stopped to help her, generallyUnheard of in those conflict-filled 19 60's. The man Took her to safety, helped her get assistance and Put her into a taxicab. She seemed to be in a big hurry, but wrote down his Address and thanked him. Seven days went by and a Knock came on the man's door. To his surprise, a Giant console color TV was delivered to his home. A Special note was attached. It read:"Thank you so much for assisting me on the highway The other night. The rain drenched not only my Clothes, but also my spirits. Then you came along. Because of you, I was able to make it to my dying Husband's' bedside just before he passed away... GodBless you for helping me and unselfishly servingOthers."Sincerely, Mrs. Nat King Cole..

This is an urban legend that has been around for quite a while, and is not true. Nat King Cole was a successful singer who died in 1965. He was Natalie Cole's father.Roy Holmes, who hosts a Nat King Cole Website (www.highstreets.co.uk/kcc/index.htm) has spoken with Maria Cole, Nat King Cole's widow, about the story. She told him that she did not drive to the hospital where Nat died, she doesn't drive at night, and has never had the occasion of being helped by a man when a car broke down.One note is that this story also places Mrs. Cole in Alabama, but Nat died at St. John's hospital in Santa Monica, California, and his death was not a sudden one that would have caught her by surprise in some other part of the country. He succumbed to cancer and, according to newspaper accounts, she was at his bedside almost continuously until he died.There are real stories of celebrities doing nice things for people they didn't know (Elvis was famous for that), but there are also numerous urban legends about encounters between celebrities and strangers and some of the generous gifts that have resulted.
See - http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/m/mrs.nat.king.cole.htm

Okay… can I believe what is sent via email?

Consider the Jesus and the Folded Napkin… take a look at
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/f/folded-napkin.htm

In fact as you may like to look over the zillions of posts – when you have little of nothing to do… take a look at http://www.truthorfiction.com/ and perhaps Book Mark it…

As you scroll down the first page you will see a list of 20 of the present emails that are circulating… like…

Mars is closest to the earth this July and August – appears as big as the moon –etc
See - http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/m/mars.htm

Help find Ashley Flores
See http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/a/ashleyflores.htm

The ACLU has filed a suit to have all military cross shaped headstones removed
See http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/a/aclu-markers.htm

Dare I point to this one… carefully… yes…but I received one about…
The word "Shit" Meant "Ship High In Transit"
See http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/shit.htm

Warning however… there is a whole lot of time that can be wasted just looking through the Truthorfiction site.

It reminds me of a discussion about some of the Biblical Stories that was taking place with some of my friends. One man said, “That reminds me of Hezekiah 3:16 says about God. God is able to do anything – making people do the strangest things that they would never do without God’s intervention.”

All listening… agreed. DUMB! Check it out for yourself… to see what God really said… it is great!

I receive buckets of stuff from so many friends. I love it really… and find it too funny in that they have spent so much time – first reading it and then second – considering who they should send it on to. Many just mass dump it to all their friends – in which case I have found long lost friends from their email address lists of forwarding….

Kind of fun really….

I can believe this…
* It is morning… time to get up…
* I am hungry.
* There are tasks to get done today – if I don’t do them – no one else will.
* I am hungry again – it happens at least three times a day.
* I need to do some work to make some money to buy some food and pay some bills.
* No one else will give me their money because I am hungry.
* I am sleepy – I need to go to bed.
* It is night time – I should go to bed.

* But I need to check my email for another forward – just in case….

It is really too funny…

~ Murray Lincoln ~
www.murraylincoln.com

No comments: