Saturday, July 11, 2009

Do you see the Colour….? WOW!

I find my relief from these silly political things in strange places.

I find relief in colour and brilliant colour of things around me.

On one day when I needed relief I found an abundance of colour. It washed over me in every possible way.

We walked into the supermarket and there was colour splashing every where… people thought I was nuts taking the photos in the Fresh Produce Department. You can see the colour I found.

At the evening baseball game where my grandson was working as an Umpire… I shot the clouds and the sky.

When I see the colour… and all that is around me… I am steadied in my up side down world. God is still in control. It is good… still good.

With the G8 Meetings this week and all the reports flying across the world airwaves… and the statements made… the words said… and the politics shown… I needed colour…. And it washed over me again and again.

Last evening we visited with friends. Their home is special place surrounded and filled with colour. Their home sits on a beautiful lake… splashed with colour… their dog ‘Mac’ is a wonderful colour…

What is it about colour that is so soothing? I think it is the fact that as I see it, capture it in my memories… it stays the same. Though it may fade and time will change it – it is fastened to memory blocks that never leave.

Some one wrote to me today about Avonlea, Saskatchewan. When I read the note I remembered Avonlea… a few miles west from Truax… where the sky is a brilliant blue on a sunny clear day… and can be almost black on a heavy rain day… but when the sun peeks out at the edge of the heavy clouds the golden grain in August glows against the dark sky on the horizon.

Even on the flat prairie you have beauty in the colour – which stretches as far as you can see.

Colour soothes my soul and my mind.

In the supermarket a lady in front of us had her son fastened into the shopping cart. The little guy grinned at me over his soother that bobbled up and down in his mouth. His beautiful blue eyes sparkled and when the soother fell out … his two shiny white teeth sparkled… the tussle of red hair fell across his forehead. Oh the colour that was there…

Have you stopped to see the colour that is all around you?

Colour washes away STUPID.

Have you ever thought of the fact that God could have made everything in grey, black and white? Colour could have been avoided in creation to save the expense. BUT instead he added every colour possible to his creation to make it just that much better.

Today I thank God for the colour he gave me… and the fact that I can see it. He created me to be able to see! WOW!

I have to run this AM to catch the sun coming up one more time. I just stared at the near full moon for a long time this AM when I went outside at 5 AM. The colour was waiting for me now… even though it might rain… there is colour!

Oh wow! Did you see that? Do you see the Colour….? WOW!


~ Murray Lincoln ~

http://www.murraylincoln.com/

No comments: