Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Woman Is A Terrorist!

The woman is a terrorist! No No – not my Mom. It is the woman in Brampton, Ontario that they have charged with six counts of theft under $5000. Can you imagine?

But there is more – her accomplices were her sons – both under the age of 12! In another account of the same story it pointed to one boy being 8 and the other being 10.

As the mother toured the house the older boy stayed in the dining area with the realtor – almost as if he was keeping an eye on the realtor for his mother.

What did she steal? Laptops, Wii console units and whatever would go into her big black bag.

And she had the nerve to hit at least six houses that they know about!

Can you imagine what the boys will be like in about six years time?

One police officer that I know well pointed out to me that there is a new generation that they are now dealing with. It is describe in one way that is shocking. “This generation” he stated, “has no conscience.”

The moral fibre that should be there naturally – isn’t there at all. In fact the idea of the theft is simply a part of their make up. They think this is normal.

Now I am not sure of this statement or thought… the woman was likely raised to do the same in her younger years. What she has passed on is what she learned early in life.

There are some communities in Canada that have such a high rate of theft that the results are hardly ever investigated by police. They take the call on the phone and then make some sort of record on some sort of paper … maybe. The description of the stolen goods may be helpful if they catch some dude red handed – like in his apartment after they search it.

Property crimes are now so common that few are shocking anymore. It is only the sensational ones like the lady of Brampton that used her kids to do the theft.

You would never do that would you? I mean you would never steal – right?

Have you ever stolen something from your employer? You know – like a pencil or pen? Maybe a packet of copier paper? How about time on the computer reading your email – or maybe even this Blog?

Hey we all do it – we steal stuff and time… from our friends and family.

The part that is very serious for me is the part that there is no guilt in the theft any longer. There is not the something that should be standing up inside of us and shouting, “You shouldn’t do that!”

The other day Alida and I were in an office to sign some documents. After leaving the place and driving away I heard my wife say, “Oh Oh I stole her pen!” She had been given a pen that was used to sign the document… and kept it.

For my wife that is theft – taking something that is not hers. And she is guilty – very guilty in her feelings.

Why has that guilt not been passed down to a next generation?

I do not have an answer yet – I am still too bothered by the problem!

I think it is passed down when Grandpa says to his grandson, “I can’t take that. It is not mine. Let’s go buy one for ourselves.”

The moral absolute within must be restored by one person and then the next. Then it must have value. I am asking how much is it worth to you?

Today I begin again and Thank God that I am no longer a thief. I do not need to steal anything. I can work for what I need and am happy to do so.

Pondering the woman in Brampton….

~ Murray Lincoln ~
http://www.murraylincoln.com/

Source:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/mother-charged-in-open-house-thefts/article1166267/

http://www.yourhome.ca/homes/article/644618

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Your poor Mother--a terrorist--what an idea!!

I had a similar incident with my mother-in-law. When we all lived in Whitby & I was at home with our first child, I invited Mom to join a "Y" program with me.The Leader, on the first day, was reading the names & we were to introduce ourselves--but when she came to Henrietta there was a blank.After a few minutes Mom said--Oh, That's Me.I was stuned--I had Always known her as Louise!I felt a little foolish to say the least!

It's a wonderful miracle that your Mom is able to & wants to travel.

Enjoy this beautiful day--