Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Doug Elniski must be a Minister

Doug Elniski must be a Minister. You know like a Minister in a Church some where. He just has to be.

If he isn’t – then all Ministers must be MPPs or MLAs. And if that isn’t the case they certainly have a lot in common.

Who is Doug Elniski? People in Alberta and Saskatchewan will know him. He serves in the Alberta Legislative Assembly under Premier Ed Stelmach. And recently he has stepped into good old Alberta Bovine Used Alfalfa – or “ABUA” for short. In Saskatchewan it is SBUA and Ontario OBUA

It seems that he has opened his mind up and stated some rather unacceptable things that the general public have become aware of by way of a Blog that he wrote or commented in.

Then just a while before that he did a Tweet to some friends on Tweeter – and enraged quite a few others at a bad time.

On his personal Blog he had said, “Men are attracted to smiles, so smile and don't give me that 'treated equal' stuff, if you want equal it comes in little packages at Starbucks," he had written on his personal Conservative MLA blog, referring to packages of coffee sweetener.”

Now taking his words as stated above – the man is a rascal to say the least. He appears to put women down. And after all these years of women trying so hard to become men’s equal – they feel they are not.

But perhaps where Mr. Elniski lives the folk have a different way of seeing it or maybe a different way of doing it.

Now before I wonder off in a different direction – back to Mr. Doug Elniski’s further enraging comments…

Quote from the Edmonton Sun…
During a June 13 Gay Pride parade, Elniski posted on Twitter: "I am surrounded by bumping and grinding lesbians waiit (sic) 20 then send help."
End Quote…


Now get this… the guy Doug Elniski is at a Gay Pride Parade that has the potential to be a bit outlandish… usually in Ontario at least… they tend to try to dress and act as weird as decency will allow them to… especially in front of a TV camera… because that is what we get at the Dinner Time news we were watching….

My Granddaughter asked, “Grandpa, who ARE THOSE PEOPLE?” I couldn’t answer. Or rather should I have said, “Well honey, they are ordinary people like you and I, normal Canadian Citizens…” But I couldn’t.

Now it so happens that Dougie E… is caught that day doing his MPP – MLA thingie as an official… his friend Tweets him on his Blackberry… and asks, “Hey Dougie E… whatcha doin?” And Dougie E comes back with a crack like he made…

Makes perfect sense to me.

I mean … if you are at a Gay Pride Parade where every Tom, Dick, Harriet and Louise are half dressed… wiggling their stuff for every one to see… what would your wise crack be to a Tweeting world out there?

Now maybe I better back off the Gay Pride Parade stuff – at least showing their stuff. In Edmonton they have far more mosquitoes than Toronto… and Toronto is the place that lots of stuff is shown for all of us to see.

Hey Dougie E… I am from the Prairie…and I understand a good joke that is needed in some situations. I can empathise with the quips and clips that you let loose with. It is a TENSION release when a whole lot of silly stuff is happening around you.

Personal Story…
Dougie E… when I was pasturing a church in Yorkton, Saskatchewan I had a most embarrassing thing happen to me.

It was Sunday morning during the Service I was leading. I was praying for the people that needed special prayers. Ministers do this kind of stuff all the time. In our church it is normal for people to come forward to the front of the church – and then their friends surround them in prayer – and good things happen.

Granted that is a little unusual for some churches – but our church was and is quite expressive to say the least. Hey we were Pentecostal!

One woman that arrived that day, shall I say, well endowed. She was taller than me, heavier than me, and had lots more dark black hair…which I think came from a bottle colour. She was expressive in many ways – even when she spoke with you about ordinary things. She was also, I think, Russian with a heavy accent and her BRIGHT RED SWEATER – was well… BRIGHT in colour.

Now get the picture clearly… I have stepped down off the main platform… to stand to the left side of the pulpit area… my heals are kind of tucked up against the first of two steps leading to the top of the platform…

My dear “Expressive Sister” stepped forward for her turn to be prayed for. I laid my hands carefully on her forehead and began to pray for her. She became excited… and made small chirping sounds that became louder and louder… Oh boy… what next? Then she fell forward on to my being.

My heals were locked solid against the stairs and I couldn’t move backwards avoiding her advancing human form or a BRIGHT RED SWEATER…

YEP! You guessed right – she landed smack dab on top of me. Being taller than me – her BRIGHT RED SWEATER was all I could see… as my nose was squarely placed in the middle of her chest.

Sheesh… Dougie E. I am blushing again as I write this. Right in front of an almost full church I was sandwiched between a big woman in a bright red sweater and the FLOOR…. and I couldn’t move.

People later, suppressing below a grin and outright belly laughs, asked if I was okay… and wondered at my blood pressure problems in that my face was way past RED – ranging on scarlet… and my ears were so hot you could do marshmallows on them.

And Dougie E – no matter what I said in a church – anywhere – some one would be there to correct, challenge, object, ridicule and outright make sure that I never forgot that THEY WERE RIGHT AND THAT YOU ARE WRONG…. Yikes!

So Doug Elniski, you must be a Minister… or at least qualify now to take the role on.

I have only one bit of advice for you… women are more than equal to you and your ideas… and they are down right dangerous in BRIGHT RED SWEATERS!!!! Way more equal than you… WAY, WAY, WAY more Equal!

~ Murray Lincoln ~
www.murraylincoln.com

Source:
http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/edmonton/2009/06/24/9907051-sun.html

No comments: