Friday, April 24, 2009

Too stupid for words – really

I am part of a major Lawsuit! Go figure and I didn’t even know about it! There are millions of dollars involved. I imagine and if it is won – I win as well. What a Bonanza!

That is until you read the fine print. Then it is not so clear anymore.

Last fall we bought a Motorola Cell phone. It works super. It keeps me connected and costs very little.

Now you will know that many places in our country have new regulations to curb the use of Cell Phone while driving. If I do that in Ontario I will be given a ticket and have to pay a fine.

So being proactive – I bought a Motorola Blue Tooth ear piece… that connects my Cell Phone via a wireless signal to my Head. I can now keep my hands on the steering wheel and talk at the same time.

WELL – today I found out via the National Geographic Magazine that I am eligible to join into the Mass of People that purchased this Bluetooth apparatus – because I purchased it at the same time the Lawsuit states. WHAOOO!

I will be rich... that is until I read the small print.

As this Class Action Lawsuit proceeds and we win the Prearranged Settlement will pay on my behalf $100,000 USD or more to a charity of some sort… and I get nothing.

More importantly it is to be explained that the Court has also appointed Counsel to represent me (and others that bought this same thingie) in court. It is explained that Counsel will seek an Order from the Court awarding them up to $800,000 USD in attorneys’ fees and up to $50,000 in costs.

Something is upside down here. My Lawyers are going to get 8 TIMES as much as I do. In fact they will actually get money and I get the satisfaction that some charity somewhere that I know nothing about will get my money – however much it is.

In a world that is weirdly polluted and in terrible troubled financially – recession wise and depression wise… DOES THIS SEEM A LITTLE STUPID OR WHAT????!!!!!

And to top it off – National Geographic Magazine – May 2009 Edition – that carries this Legal Notice is all about Earth Day and Green Stuff – yadda – yadda yadda. NGO is out to keep the world clean and save trees and all that other stuff… and then they help announce this utterly stupid lawsuit.

I wonder how many trees died getting this stupid lawsuit this far? I imagine that there are tons of paper used, tons of photo copy black stuff used – millions of watts of electricity consumed to get this STUPID LAWSUIT this far… then going to pay Counsel for me - $800,000 USD to stand in court and do nothing?

STUPID? You betcha! And I am part of it… me and my greed for a good old Western World Settlement – USA Style. Wahooooooo!

If you take time to read the fine print you will see that I must write to get out of the class action and also retain my right to sue. This is complicated.

IS there any wonder that people are upset with the Justice System and don’t trust a lawyer as far as you can throw them?

So what is the fuss about? Read on… about ONE MAN..
A California man has filed a class action lawsuit against Motorola, Inc, in Cook County United States District Court. His claim is that Motorola, makers of popular bluetooth headsets, has failed to adequately warn consumers of potential hearing loss from using the headsets.”

In an upside down world – something is wrong here.

In my world I have friends that have lost their jobs and their pensions – because of GREED at the top of their pile. Governments and Corporations have locked horns and demands are made. No guarantees are given to men and women in the GM Auto making world – that all the money that they have paid in will ever be seen again. GREED and STUPIDITY have sucked up their hard earned and invested money – in a heart beat.

I will write to these idiots and explain that they only legitimate Charitable Organization to be donated to is the “Murray Lincoln Trust Fund”. Placing the money in my pocket will guarantee more than what they are guaranteeing. I will keep it until I die… and buy a coffee for all my friends… and even maybe hire a Lawyer to help me keep it… NAW that is a bad idea… sorry!

Just be aware that the Bluetooth thingie in my ear as I drive works well… you just need to turn the VOLUME DOWN. Duh? And because it never told specifically to do that – even the man in California should know that is what you do when it is too loud. DUH!!!!?

But who the dickens will listen to somebody that doesn’t have a lawyer?

Too stupid for words – really… but I have used 840 words to say this much. Doh!?!

~ Murray Lincoln ~
http://www.murraylincoln.com/

Sources:
http://www.lawcash.com/attorney/4945/motorola-lawsuit.asp
http://www.bluetoothheadsetlitigation.com/PDFs/Notice.pdf

No comments: