Thursday, April 9, 2009

Please send me your check for $22 written to “Murray Lincoln”

So the text states…
FOR YOUR COMPENSATION
Greetings, How are you with your family? I hope fine. I'm happy to inform you about my success in getting those funds transferred under the cooperation of a new partner from Saudi Arabia, Presently i'm in Saudi, meanwhile I didn't forget your past efforts to assist me in transferring those funds despite that it failed us some how. Now contact my secretary in Burkina-Faso West Africa through her e-mail id (
umaru_abuduli123@yahoo.fr) ask her to send you the total cheque of (€400.000.00Euro)which I kept for your compensation for all the past efforts and attempts to assist me in this transaction. so feel free and get in touched with my secretary Mr Umaru. she will send the draft to you.

Regards,
Mr Gregory.

In my Western Financial Need… I now have an answer. Mr. Gregory is going to help me. And his secretary Umaru Abuduli will be of great assistances to me… by sending me the check for $529,240.05 USD ($400,000 Euro). All these years of our country helping the Nations of Africa will now pay off – they are starting to give back… at least some of them are.

You have already figured it out I am sure. Another SCAM that is coming into out email boxes on a regular basis.

Doing a small amount of research I found out that there is a group named “419scam.org” that has been formed to inform people like me that wish to get rich quickly and desperately hope to get out of debt before it is too late.

The 419Scam group suggests the following to help me not get caught in the swirl and pain of losing the little money that I have left…
What can you do when you receive a 419 scam mail?
· Whatever you do, never send any money, no matter what reason you are given. Don't be greedy, use your common sense.
· Don't rush. Why the hurry? 419 scammers make up a deadline after which the unexpected (and imaginary) fortune will be lost forever. You're not supposed to have time to research and think about the matter.
· If the email address is not listed in our blacklist yet, you can submit the complete email (if possible with full headers) to us. If we get suitable evidence we'll add the 419 scammer to our blacklist.
· Report the email to the abuse department of the domain used by the scammer (see abuse contact list). Normally you get the email address of the abuse department by changing the left hand side of the scam email address to the word abuse. For example, if the mail originates from mrjephills6@tiscali.co.uk then write to abuse@tiscali.co.uk, if it's barristerchris_smith1@zipmail.com.br then write to abuse@zipmail.com.br, etc. Please quote the full text of the mail including message headers (in Outlook Express you get the full message source via Ctrl+F3; use cut+paste to insert that into your email). Even more important than sender addresses are contact addressed in the message body, such as "claims agents" of fake lotteries. Make sure you report these to the matching abuse department too.
· If you have lost money you can report the case to law enforcement in your country (if you haven't lost money, law enforcement will not usually be interested at all). In the United States, contact your local police. An overview of reporting addresses for various countries can be found at the 419 Coalition website
· You can "ping" the scammer (bounce a message off his contact address to get him to reply) to give them work to do and to help provide evidence to us. Please use a disposable Yahoo email account for this.
· You can get yourself a spamfilter, such jwSpamSpy (not available for Yahoo oe AOL). If you run a Linux-based mailserver you can use SpamAssassin, which recognizes many 419 scam emails.
· Some people write to 419 scammers, trying to get them to exchange emails that ultimately lead nowhere, so the scammers waste time. It can be very entertaining :-) Just don't use your real name and use a disposable email account created for the purpose. Visit scambaits.com for examples and advice.
· Most 419 scam emails contain phone numbers. When you call such numbers, please carefully check the time zone in Nigeria or wherever the criminals operate from. I am sure you would not want to accidentally wake someone at 3am, just because you got confused about the time zones ;-) Make sure you disable caller ID or call from a public payphone so as not to leave your home or office number on their mobile phone display. Calls to Nigerian mobile phones cost as little as €0.20/minute (US$0.25/minute) via SkypeOut. Be careful with +44 70 redirection numbers, they cost as much as US$0.90/minute, so keep it short.
· Other people mail large files such as digital snaps to the contact addresses listed in the emails. This can fill up their mailboxes pretty quickly, preventing emails by potential victims from reaching the criminals. While it's quite effective, it also uses resources of companies who provide free email services, potentially affecting their other customers. It's vigilante justice. We don't condone it :-)

Great Advice – Thank you 419 Scam!

The problem is that in our world of MUCH – we are suffering because we are knocked down a peg or two… In the African world of LITTLE – even the recession/depression of 2009 has little to do with most of their people.

Personally I did respond to Gregory’s email by sending him 15 Chapters of Genesis with questions I have for him tucked in between the couple of hundred scripture verses.

And Gregory… and Umaru… thanks for reading this Blog too.

My point is we are gullible and dudes like this play off the stupidity that we have rampant among us. More than likely they studied at our Universities and saw how really stupid we are.

But just before you go… I have a deal for you.
Please send me your check for $22 written to “Murray Lincoln”. I will in turn send you a Blessed Piece of Wood from my wood shop. Some of the pieces are totally unique in that they have my own blood on them – from the last cut that I did on my left hand when I was in too big a hurry. I will be praying for you each day from the day that you send me your money. I do that by placing your letter in a special basket – then I pray over top of the basket once a week.

I will personally cover the shipping and handling for you. You will receive the Blessed Piece in a few days(depending where you live). If you add another $20 to the amount I am able to send it much faster… UPS or Percolator.

Here is the great value added part of my offer. When I die this chip will increase in value by at least 400 times. That is to a minimum of $8000. From recent guesstimates – that value increase will happen within 15 years – to a maximum of 25 years…but then it could be less than 5 years…

Where else will you ever get a 400% increase in a short few years?

My address is Murray Lincoln, 925 Western Ave. Peterborough, Ontario, K9J 5W1.

Yes please do check out the facts about me. My Web Page is included below my name. I am waiting.

~ Murray Lincoln ~
http://www.murraylincoln.com/

Sources:
http://www.419scam.org/emails/2007-02/22/index.htm
http://www.419scam.org/419scam.htm#what
http://home.rica.net/alphae/419coal/

2 comments:

Scotty said...

Please share your experiences at AllScamsForum.Com. One place to report all scams and share with others before they get affected by these scams. Please consider linking to this forum and inviting others. TIA.

Jessika said...

You are too funny! I appreciate your humour in the mornings, it brightens my day.
The winds are starting to get warmer, time for a butterfly to take flight soon, dont ya think?