Monday, April 27, 2009

I wanted to shout out loud in church

Yesterday I wanted to shout out loud in church – but no one else was shouting… so I stayed quiet and made notes… and drew a few cartoons for the little girl sitting near by.

You see I am now a congregant of the Northview Pentecostal Church – and the retired pastor from this Church. I am a Pew Sitter like many others. But I want to be more…

The new Pastor – Pastor Tim Taylor is doing a super job as our new leader – my new leader. I respect and love him dearly.

The reason that I wanted to SHOUT OUT LOUD was because of his sermon. It was absolutely super! It was super for me and a few others that were listening closely. And before night fall yesterday I had others call me to tell me what it meant to them.

Way to go Pastor Tim – it was a Home Run!

So what did he talk about…? Glad you asked – here are the points he made…
Message Title: The Church You’ve Always Longed For
Scripture Reference: John 17 – Jesus Prays for His Church – what does he want?
The Purpose of the Church
#1 Purpose
– To Glorify God
#2 Purpose – To proclaim the Word of God
#3 Purpose – To be filled with the Joy of the Lord
#4 Purpose – To live united in God’s Love

And my purpose needs to be the same!

5 things I can do to help the Church
Learn to listen with the ears of Jesus…
Attract others by saying good things about the church – don’t listen to the bad…
Connect with individuals outside our circle of friends…
Help people become all God wants them to be…
Get rid of personal Garbage…

And I am working at these for sure… they are my homework this week!

For 10 years now I have got excited about the sermons coming from the pulpit – and now a new excitement is building – someone else is doing a great job… and I believe in him!

For 35 years I have had to “give” – now I “receive” and it feels so good!!!!

God bless you Pastor Tim and Northview Church. I am praying today that you are blessed greatly.

~ Murray Lincoln ~
http://www.murraylincoln.com/

No comments: