Monday, November 3, 2008

“You’re the One That I Want”

It was 30 years ago now that I tapped my toes like everyone else did when I heard the music from Grease. Olivia Newton-John sang/performed with John Travolta in Grease. The song “You’re the One that I Want” bounced all of us from our seats.

I saw the movie again and WOW my old toes moved again.

In 1978 when the movie came out it was one that I had on the radio a lot. Beside me was my beautiful wife and two super daughters in the back seat…and even they were tapping their toes in their pre-teen years – Dana was 10 and Anda was 8 years old.

Today they both have kids in this age grouping.

Where did the time go? What happened in 30 years.

Today Olivia Newton-John is 60 years old. This beauty became older along with us.

But as I read more about her life I am aware of the reality that we all face. ONJ is a breast cancer survivor. She is another boomer with a new and powerful affect on life.

Another movie that I caught in the last few days is Crocodile Dundee and Mr. Paul Hogan acting the tough guy from Australia and wooing the pretty girl.

He is no 69 years old… very wrinkle and old. He married his co-star from the Crocodile Dundee movie, Linda Kozlowski. For years he has been considered a Tax Evader in Australia – some saying that he owed AUD $300 Million. On October 29, 2008 – last week – the Australian government backed down…
“On October 29, 2008, it was revealed that Paul Hogan scored a major victory in his tax fight with the Australian Crime Commission, who were forced to stump up millions of taxpayer dollars to pay his legal bills. In a humiliating backdown, the ACC has returned tens of thousands of personal financial documents to Hogan.” (reference below)

Pretty much like the rest of us. Human problems and family problems – stuff happens.

So has my Blogspot turned into a gossip column? Nope! It is just that the things I viewed stirred up a flood of emotion and bingo – there I go again.

I have thought of one special area… I would recommend that we sing ONJ’s hit song in Church… “You’re the One That I Want” Make a few word changes and take out the suggestive stuff… place God answering a man praying and WOW…

Okay – okay it is a stretch… but a majority of the old hymns started as bar songs.., suggestive but with the words changed. Hmmmmm?

~ Murray Lincoln ~
Source:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2141191469245837952
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olivia_Newton-John
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Hogan

Lyrics… to “You’re the One That I want”
http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/g/grease8951/youretheonethatiwant302687.html

No comments: